Thursday, April 19, 2012

Republican self-parody

You can't make up anything more embarrassing than what these people actually say:
West Virginia U.S. Senate candidate John Raese (R) compared no smoking laws to one of Adolf Hitler's most notorious policies.

Said Raese: "I don't want government telling me what I can do and what I can't do because I'm an American. But in Monongalia County you can't smoke a cigarette, you can't smoke a cigar, you can't do anything... I have to put a huge sticker on my buildings to say this is a smoke free environment. This is brought to you by the government of Monongalia County. OK? Remember Hitler used to put Star of David on everybody's lapel, remember that? Same thing."
One might weigh the policy of requiring Raese to wear a badge identifying himself as a jackass, but it seems his mouth is doing just fine on that.

2 comments:

  1. He self-authenticates as a jackass! No need for a stamp, seal, or certificate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. And judicial notice would be proper.

    ReplyDelete