Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Silly voters!

Labour was already running 3d in the polls, but with some chance of retaining a majority/plurality of seats in the Commons, but Gordon Brown may have just handed Parliament over to his opponents, with his live-mike comment about a "Mrs. Duffy" with whom he'd just spoken about immigration:
Brown: That was a disaster. Well I just ... should never have put me in [with!] that woman. Whose idea was that?

Aide: I don't know, I didn't see.

Brown: It was Sue [Nye] I think. It was just ridiculous.

Aide: I'm not sure if they [the media] will go with that.

Brown: They will go with that.

Aide: What did she say?

Brown: Oh everything, she was just a sort of bigoted woman. She said she used be Labour. I mean it's just ridiculous.
That should be even better than "all of them" for the opposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment