Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cthulhusalem

While I'm trying to decide whether I can really bill my client for sitting from 9:00 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. waiting to have a motion called up, I'll pass along what I sincerely hope is the weirdest thing you read this week:
and did that beak, in eldritch times,
crunch upon shapeless forms unclean?
and was the holy ceph'lopod
in r'lyeh's dark abysses seen?

and did that wrathful visage frown
down on its hapless mortal prey?
and was cthulhusalem builded here
where miskatonic freshmen play?

bring me my nameless ones of old!
bring me my suckers of desire!
bring me my ink! o, clouds, enfold!
bring me my tentacles of fire!

they will not cease from undead life,
nor shall their aeon's sleep be spanned,
till we have built cthulhusalem
on arkham's drowned and lifeless land.
-- Kid Bitzer, via DeLong. Never trust an economist who hasn't read Lovecraft, because if that's the case, he's not familiar with the worst-case scenario.

No comments:

Post a Comment