Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oh noes I iz a GROWNUP

Last night was Parents Night at my 8th grader's school, so Mrs. TBA and I went to meet all the teachers, listen to how very, very serious the Catholic Church is about quelling sexual abuse, etc.

At the end (nine o'clock!), I needed to go back up to the office to work on a Medicare reimbursement appellate brief. And suddenly it hit me -- probably the fact that I'd had a hearing that morning, and was consequently dressed up like a lawyer for once, didn't help -- that I needed to go back up to the office to work on a Medicare reimbursement appellate brief.

Which sounded to myself like a character in a short story -- the boring husband/father whose absence from the rest of the story needs to be quickly addressed.

Can't really describe the feeling any better than that, but it was quite odd. I suspect that moments like that become more common after 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment