Thursday, August 13, 2009

Of course, given the state of lit crit, that might not surprise anyone

Edge of the American West reports that Yale University Press is "publishing a book about the controversy surrounding the in/famous Danish cartoons lampooning the Prophet Muhammad," but without reprinting any of the cartoons in the book.

Be on the lookout for TBA's new book from Yale U P, my 300-page study of Rushdie’s Satanic Verses, without however any quotations from the subject text.

(Yes, I posted that as a comment at EOTAW and then liked it well enough to post here. Do I plagiarize myself? Very well then I plagiarize myself.)

... I'd pulled up "Song of Myself" to recall the wording, and was struck by these famous lines (all the lines of "Song of Myself" are famous lines):
There was never any more inception than there is now,
Nor any more youth or age than there is now,
And will never be any more perfection than there is now,
Nor any more heaven or hell than there is now.
That is like a four-line precis of "Sunday Morning," and indeed of half of Wallace Stevens.

No comments:

Post a Comment