Saturday, September 18, 2010

And if she wins, it'll be proof she never really quit

Last night, Bill Maher played a previously-unaired 1999 video clip of Delaware U.S. Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell (R) in which she said she once "practiced witchcraft."

Said O'Donnell: "I dabbled into witchcraft -- I never joined a coven. But I did, I did... I dabbled into witchcraft. I hung around people who were doing these things. I'm not making this stuff up. I know what they told me they do... One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar, and I didn't know it. I mean, there's little blood there and stuff like that. We went to a movie and then had a midnight picnic on a satanic altar."

Maher joked that he's going to show a new clip of O'Donnell every week on his show until she agrees to appear on his show again.
-- Political Wire.

... Y'know, a little more seriously, why does America put up with this kind of shit?
Christine O’Donnell’s spokesman Evan Quietsch went on the Rick Jensen Show yesterday afternoon on WDEL, and said that O’Donnell will not show up unless she was provided all the questions to be asked of the candidates before hand.
Excuse me. You're asking to become a member of the United States Senate. To guide the fortunes of the richest, most powerful nation on earth.

And you're scared to be asked questions you haven't vetted in advance?

What is wrong with America that such cowards aren't laughed out the door?

No comments:

Post a Comment