Sunday, August 29, 2010

Housekeeping

Yahoo!'s mail program was better than Hotmail when I switched -- Hotmail had no discernible spam filtering at the time -- and I was happy with it for years.

But in the past few months, its pages have been unbearably sluggish. I suspect their ads are to blame. It became ridiculous having to wait a few minutes to check off spam posts, for instance.

So, TBA is joining the lemmings' rush to Gmail: tbablogs -at- gmail -dot- com. I'll probably get mail forwarded from the Yahoo! account for a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I've had a similar situation recently with my yahoo account. I only use it for entertainment; no business goes through those channels, so I can usually afford to wait a bit while pages load.

    I've had my Gmail account for much longer than I've had the yahoo account and it works much better now than Yahoo does.

    In short, I think you're probably on to something good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it's not just me re: Yahoo!. It's a bit odd griping about free e-mail, but hey, it's a competitive market, for some reason.

    Maybe I was supposed to upgrade to pay-mail?

    ReplyDelete