Friday, May 01, 2009

Bland bourbon ... ?

Destined to sit through a "May Day" festivity at my niece & nephew's school, I went looking for "airplane bottles" of spirits last night. Jim Beam would've been fine to pour into a Coke, but I found some Bulleit's Bourbon, which I hadn't tried. So, two bottles, one for May Day, one to sip neat on April 30 for a test flight.

FIRST SIP - Hey, this is awfully smooth, moreso than Basil Hayden's. I could really drink this whole thing neat, like single malt scotch!

SECOND SIP - But why would I want to do that? It doesn't taste like bourbon. Doesn't taste like anything, really.

So, there you have it: Bulleit's. Bourbon for people who don't like bourbon.

... Though in all fairness, when you sip a bottle after it's been warmed inside your car all day, it does have more bite to it. Further experimentation is called for!

No comments:

Post a Comment